At Mercy Home Care, you know your health care team and we know you
Given a choice, patients prefer to recover from illness or injury in their own home with their loved ones at their side.
Mercy Home Care brings the compassionate, quality care that is the hallmark of the Sisters of Providence Health System into the comfort of your own home. Services are provided in the most effective way possible to help you maintain maximum independence.
Our Home Care Team
Our Home Care Team works with you, your physician, family and community agencies to bring you the best, most complete care possible.
Our team and your physician use a multidisciplinary approach to address the needs of patients. Seeing the same nurse, therapist and home health aide throughout your recovery is important. At Mercy Home Care, we make every effort to ensure you have the same health care team member throughout your care.
Our Home Care Team professionals include:
- Registered Nurses providing compassionate, skilled nursing services such as injections, IVs, wound care, patient assessments and education on disease prevention and treatment
- Physical Therapists assessing, educating and treating patients who are functionally limited, in order to restore maximum function and independence
- Occupational Therapists assessing, educating and treating patients who are socially and functionally limited, in order to improve their function and independence at home
- Speech Therapists developing and restoring speech to individuals with communication disorders as well as retraining patients in swallowing, breathing and muscle control
- Certified Home Health Aides providing personal care: bathing, dressing and toileting under the supervision of our professional staff. Light housekeeping may be provided, however, 75% of their visit must be spent doing personal care. Transporting patients, shopping or personal errands are not permitted
- Medical Social Workers assessing home situations where interventions are necessary, assisting with finances and facilitating access to community services
Our skilled professionals assess patient progress, report significant findings to physicians and educate patients and their caregivers. They also provide medical and therapeutic treatments to facilitate patient recovery.
Mercy Home Care specializes in the following services:
- Cardiac care
- Diabetes care
- Pulmonary care
- Rehabilitation after surgery or illness
- Wound care
How Do I request Mercy Home Care’s Services?
If you believe you or a family member would benefit from home health services, you should:
- Talk with your personal physician
- Talk with your hospital nurse, care manager or discharge planner
- Call our office at 413-536-0503
Availability of Services
Our scheduled services are offered 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., seven days a week. Nurses are on-call for our patients, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In order for home care services to be offered:
- There must be reasonable expectation your needs can be met in the home
- Your primary care physician must participate in your plan of care
- A family member or significant other must be able to participate in care as needed
Who Pays for Services
Most health insurance plans cover the cost of home health care. For Medicare reimbursement, clients must be homebound, need skilled services on an intermittent basis and meet other eligibility requirements. Our staff will be happy to answer questions about the extent of insurance benefits and coverage.
Sisters of Providence Health System
As a member of the Sisters of Providence Health System, Mercy Home Care clients have the added resources and expertise of a major medical center—Mercy Medical Center.
Call 413-536-0503 to learn more about Mercy Home Care.
There’s no place like home, especially for a patient eager to recover from an illness or injury.